A copy of official or unofficial transcripts and a statement of teaching philosophy are required for this position. You can upload these documents to your applicant profile.
The Mathematics faculty member is responsible for the coordination, planning, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The faculty member is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on the Cheyenne campus of Laramie County Community College. The teaching load will be 30 semester hours per academic year. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction; instructional counseling; academic advising; serving on various committees; and participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations. A faculty member performs all other duties as directed by the Division Dean, Vice President of Academic Affairs, or the President or designee.
Salary and Benefits: For full listing of benefits and faculty salary schedule, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Closing Date: Position is open until filled. Screening to begin January 18, 2013.
Starting Date: August 19, 2013.
For information about Cheyenne click here .
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline, including the knowledge to teach courses ranging from developmental mathematics to multivariable calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Participate in ongoing, systematic, and documented assessment of student learning for all courses, programs, and the College’s general education core abilities
- Become familiar with and comply with all College policies and procedures
- Participate in College, division, and program activities
- Contribute to the growth and enhancement of the College’s mission and programs
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or related field from a regionally accredited institution (with at least 18 graduate hours in Mathematics).
- Two years or more of post-secondary teaching experience.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.