Brief Posting Description
The MC Exploration Manager will be is responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive New Ventures strategy for the Mid-Continent Business Unit (BU). This will include functional oversight of all G&G activities within the MC BU. Additionally, the position will coordinate with corporate New Ventures (Houston) team to ensure business unit strategy and objectives are aligned with the corporate strategic plan. This leadership role will also promote communication, and foster team contribution to deliver results consistent with the defined goals of the team.
· Develop and lead comprehensive ENV strategy and team for the MC BU
o Expand and capture additional resource plays of scale – large repeatable drilling programs
o Hire required team members for ENV effort
o Technical and Strategic input into plays company-wide through Corporate NV group
· Provide functional oversight for ongoing G&G effort across the BU – from Conventional to Unconventional efforts
o Assist in technical development and training of G&G staff in BU
o Coordinate the hiring of necessary G&G staff for the BU
· Work with Asset Managers to insure G&G manpower and resources within the assets are aligned with strategic business unit goals.
· Work with and within the Mid-Con management team to drive overall strategy, goals and results.
· Active involvement in screening and working A&D opportunities.
· Coordinate play reviews and exploration investment opportunities within the BU and Corporate NV. Provide consistency for all BU exploration projects.
· Participate in Drill Approvals and investment projects, providing geologic expertise/oversight.
· Provide guidance to insure exploration projects deliver tangible results and conclusions.
· Manage the exploration budget (G&G) and work with accounting team on monthly tracking and YTD projections.
· Active involvement with State and Local organizations including but not limited to regulatory and legislative/political bodies.
Desired Exploration Experience:
· Unconventional horizontal resource plays of scale.
· Well rounded G&G background with Mid-Continent experiences.
· Combination of exploration and development knowledge.
· Strong technical achiever.
· Proven oil and gas finder.
· Multi-basin experience including conventional and unconventional is a plus.
· Minimum of 15 years of upstream oil and gas experience.
· Advanced understanding of prospect play analysis, reserves analysis, economics and risk assessment.
· Capacity to identify inherent play risks and immediately recommend prospects worth pursuing.
· Strategic thinker with ability to introduce innovative and sound solutions.
· Remarkable acumen in business matters.
· Excellent negotiation and advocacy skills.
· Ability to prepare and present clear, concise and persuasive oral/written opinions, reports and presentations.
· Ability to work independently reporting to the General Manager of the Mid-Continent Region and the Vice President of Exploration in Houston.
· Extremely organized individual with the capacity to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently.
· Must have an established industry network with successful technical professionals and E&P companies.
· Proven ability to effectively interact with a multidiscipline oil and gas team and capacity to establish professional credibility with internal and external contacts.
· Ability to laterally influence and motivate Asset Managers, Land, Drilling and others while maintaining a positive and productive work environment .
· Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
· Making Complex Decisions
Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
· Getting Organized
Is well organised, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
· Dealing With Trouble
Fearlessly takes on all issues, challenges, and people; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with problem performers; lets everyone know where they stand; thrives in crises and is energised by tough challenges; not afraid to make negative decisions and take tough action; challenges the
· Focusing on Action and Outcomes
Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
· Communicating Effectively
Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
· Managing Diverse Relationships
Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
· Inspiring Others
Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organisation to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skilfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration - 19 months ago