The External Reporting Group performs quarterly and annual financial reporting duties to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) along with the investor relations packages published along with these filings. In addition, the External Reporting group performs quarterly and annual regulatory reporting duties to the Federal Regulatory Commission (FERC), and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Lastly, the External Reporting group performs financial reporting duties for the employee benefit plans, nuclear decommissioning trusts (NDT), and other management reports.
Responsible for the preparation of footnote disclosures in financial statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the preparation of various regulatory filings with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
- Prepare 10-Q & 10-K Reporting Disclosures
- Prepare other reporting projects (i.e., FERC, CPUC, benefit plan, NDT)
- Identify and implement reporting process improvements
- Technical Ability - Participate in identifying and evaluating accounting issues including preparing documentation. In addition propose solution and/or communicate issues appropriately.
- Work paper preparation- Adhere to work paper deadlines including timely, quality completion and addressing/incorporating review comments/external comments prior to next draft distribution.
- Data Request Matrix Documentation - Understand and document the source and controls around preparation of all data request matrix items.
- Preparation & Participation in Meetings - On-time, engaged team member with contributions and the ability to openly discuss matters.
- Engaging and Investigating Issues - Display intellectual curiosity with a desire to discover, understand, and communicate issues effectively. In addition, assist and coordinate with other team members on issues.
- Taking proactive stance toward work assignments - Seek opportunities for improvement, efficiency, effectiveness, less risk by reviewing work assignments and determining the significant issues.
- Responsible for team success - Success is defined as the team success not individual contribution (big or small).
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum 4 years recent relevant accounting experience
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Public accounting experience
Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP and SEC
Ability to work in team environment
Ability to assess and recommend solutions for moderate to complex projects
Ability to prioritize, plan and communicate activities and findings in written and verbal form
Able to present analysis and findings in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to department management
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)(PGE)(PG&E Corp)Northern California, CA, Public Utility, Green Energy, Green Job, Green Jobs, Renewable Energy
Accounting & Financial Management
Individual Contributor / Associate
Yes, 10% of the time
PG&E Corp - 2 years ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...