Northland Community & Technical College seeks a Mathematics Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at NCTC are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties:
Course assignments include day, evening, and weekend hours; and off-site locations.
- Participate in department and college curriculum development.
- Deliver classroom, web-enhanced and/or online course instruction.
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Participate in department accreditation and review.
- Engage in scholarly and other professional development activities.
· Master's degree with a major in mathematics or a Master's degree with a minimum of 16 graduate semester credits (24 graduate quarter credits) in mathematics.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
· course construction (credit course)*
· teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
· student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
· philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
· Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
· * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
· ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
· Experience in teaching sociology at a two year institution and teaching mathematics online.