The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
The Chief Information Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. The Chief Information Officer directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
Strategy & Planning :
- 10 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- 5 years experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Experience in Electronic Health Records preferred (Specifically Cerner Millenium)
- Experience in VMWare.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including Electronic Health Record, SQL, VMware.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
Acquisition & Deployment :
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the upper management.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
Operational Management :
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Manage USAC and Government budgets and reports
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060