The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care whose function is to supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assures continuity of care for patients/families from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Serves as a patient advocate and coordinator for other social services and health-care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff for clinical issues, documentation, team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior.
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all the staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
- Two (2) years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- The full-time days/hours for this position are M-F 8a-5p reporting out of the Greenville Satellite program located in Hunt County.
- Rotation of Administrative On-Call responsibilities required--as well as attendance to management meetings in the main program located in Dallas, TX from 2-4 times/month.
- Qualified Team Manager/RN Supervisor candidates will reside in Hunt County or outlying areas of Hunt County in order to respond to patient/family needs in a timely manner.
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ADN required.
- Current and valid R.N. License to practice in the state where the VITAS program is located.
Vitas - 18 months ago