The Sr. Software Developer will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), with a very clear understanding of overall Debit/Switch/Authorization processing (EFT) utilizing HP TANDEM technologies and support services.
The Sr. Software Developer works independently to develop and support software development projects (solutions), including analysis, design, code development and testing, installation and certification of new release(s) and new product suites.
- Utilize SDLC Methodologies
- Evaluate the systems needs of internal and external clients and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Create, review and approve Business & Technical Design documents.
- Create and develop system applications using Tal, pTal, C,C++, Cobol85 utilizing standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Provide advice to systems analysis personnel regarding application design specifications for segments of an application.
- Provide assistance in and conducting complicated reviews of technical and operational features, functions, and attributes of a new or existing computer system.
- Resolve complicated software support issues related to application design specification for new and existing applications and enhancements.
- Responsible for working on the more advanced application systems analysis projects.
- Responsible for developing and supporting programs related to advances in related technology.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
This SME must have recent working knowledge of:
The SME must also have work history that consists of:
- Hardware and software technology for leading HP TANDEM Debit/Switch/Authorizations (EFT) Applications (EPOC/BASE24)
- Tandem databases such as TDF, DAF, ATS, etc.
- Unit and Integration Testing utilizing simulation utilities
General and essential competencies include:
- 7 years of experience with POS , ATM, Network Technologies, and support services
- 2+ years of experience with EMV Technologies and Solutions
- Providing accurate development estimates to include development hours and deliverable dates
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work independently (limited supervision), and as a team member, with a strong sense of accountability and quality delivery results
- Being pro-active, with excellent leadership skills
- Highly motivated, self-assured; and a hands-on problem solver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
Fiserv - 22 months ago
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.