Registered Nurse CVOR Position Summary:
The CVOR nurse is a registered nurse who uses specialized cardiovascular knowledge and clinical skills to plan, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate nursing care to CV patients whose protective reflexes or self-care abilities are potentially compromised during surgical or other invasive procedures. The specialized skills required for this position include but are not limited to circulating the following cases: CABG, valve replacement, and aortic malformalities. May also perform registered nurse duties within the general OR population.
Registered Nurse Position Summary:
The perioperative nurse is a registered nurse who plans, coordinates, delivers, and evaluates nursing care to patients whose protective reflexes or self-care abilities are potentially compromised during surgical or other invasive procedures. The perioperative nurse plans and implements nursing care to address the physical, psychological, and spiritual responses of the patient having a surgical or invasive procedure. May also perform in the surgical technician role.
Surgical Technician Position Summary:
Performs scrub duties and related procedures such as surgical room set-up. Assists in the maintenance of supplies. Provides assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases. Assists in preparation, transportation and supervision of patients. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Recent experience in Perioperative Nursing preferred
Recent experience in Cardiovascular Surgical Nursing preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 15 months ago