Ubuntu TV was launched to a great reception at CES in January. Canonical is seeking a business development lead to engage and develop strong relationships with industry partners in the run up to the launch of Ubuntu as a SmartTV platform.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding professional in the television technology & distribution ecosystem with experience of engaging with TV OEMs, set-top manufacturers and cable / satellite operators. Experience with content providers is an advantage.
This is an extraordinary opportunity and we are looking for someone who combines an outstanding track record of working with industry influencers and decision makers, an enthusiasm and aptitude for technology and a deep understanding of the dynamics of the market.
Required skills and experience:
- Establish a commercial ecosystem around Ubuntu as a smart TV OS
- Drive awareness of Ubuntu's smart TV strategy across key industry decision makers
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to successfully launch the Ubuntu smart TV ecosystem
- Drive business and functional requirements across internal and external teams
- Work closely with senior management team on overall programme progress and status reporting
- Act as a product champion externally and internally
- 5+ years or equivalent of experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Outstanding business development and partner management skills
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams
- Extensive travel required 30% +
- Strong analysis, excellent communication skills and presentation abilities.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- MBA an advantage
Home based ideally North America or Western Europe
Canonical Ltd. - 2 years ago
Founded in late 2004, Canonical Ltd is a company headquartered in Europe with over 200 employees working in 23 countries (and counting)....