The person in this position is responsible for the design, development and support of video middleware and integration components and for new and existing product offerings. The middleware platform will deliver web services, utilizing open source products such as Spring Framework and CXF. This individual will be required to work closely with personnel from numerous technology organizations, responsible for the development and support of back office video systems in addition to leading and mentoring development resources on the project. A successful candidate will have strong knowledge of Java and web services, design patterns, leadership skills, excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, an ability to quickly learn new technology and strong communications skills. The video middleware will be expanding in the upcoming year, and this position will help lead the teams on the projects.
1. Work with management and principal leads to help make roadmap decisions and implement solutions to drive the middleware forward
2. Provide high level component designs and implementation work tracks
3. Lead developers through the development process, conducting design, code and test reviews ensuring high quality software products and consistent interfaces and deliveries
4. Design, develop, unit test and support existing and new features on a Video middleware platform
5. Handles the release management process
6. Provides first-tier technical support on the application in the lab and production
7. Conducts analysis of applications, and identifies potential faults and symptoms using new and established tools and techniques; recommends corrective actions as appropriate.
8. Identifies operational concerns and communicates/escalates appropriately for corrective action.
10. Adheres to all development policies, procedures and standards
11. Supports ongoing training of technical personnel to ensure rapid transition of knowledge for team success.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. J2EE, Spring, CXF, REST, etc.); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 3-8 years of experience in J2EE server-side development
3. 3 + years of knowledge of (Spring, J2EE, CFX, JUnit)
4. Prior development using ant, java, and JBoss/Tomcat
5. Ability to clearly communicate items and tasks required
6. Ability to understand and comprehend XML documentation
7. Must be able to demonstrate implementation knowledge of Design Patterns
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.)
2. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
J2EE, Java6, Spring, CXF, CXF, XML, Ant, CVS, JUnit
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...