Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine - Multispecialty Center located on the Medical School Campus, Center for Advanced Medicine.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally regular business hours.
Position obtains insurance information, referral forms and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in Department for services.
- Performs all aspects of a scheduler and a customer service representative by telephone.
- Ensures accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, mini-registrations and demographic and insurance/referral information.
- Serves as liaison between consumers, staff, patients, healthcare professionals and the general public.
- Serves as an advocate for patient needs.
- Administrative office setting with occasional pressure due to insurance deadlines and patient compliance.
High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years related experience in medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance and financial options.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Medical Assistant preferred.
The minimum to midpoint of the salary range is $11.03 - $13.51 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
For over a century, Washington University's Department of Medicine has maintained a proud tradition of excellence. Its three-part mission of Research, Teaching, and Patient Care has formed an important core which ultimately brings the latest in medical technology and doctors of the highest standard to the patients in our hospitals and clinics. The Department of Medicine has attracted doctors from all over the world. The Multispecialty Center patients are seen by top physicians specializing in various aspects of internal medicine such as bone and mineral diseases, dermatology, endocrine diseases, kidney diseases/transplant nephrology and rheumatology.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. The University offers a variety of benefits:
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits
Washington University in St. Louis - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...