The primary purpose of the Surgical Scrub Tech position is to prepare surgical suite with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment according to procedure and surgeon preference. Provides intra-operative scrub assistance to surgeons and patient care duties. Performs unit specific competencies per unit standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful completion of a Surgical Technologist program or 2 years experience in an operating room as a surgical scrub tech and/or LPN or military training required. Previous Operating Room experience preferred. Surgical Technician Certification (CST) preferred. BLS Required. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire.
- On feet a minimum of 4-8 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Kootenai Health - 22 months ago