As an Escalation Engineer you provide engineering support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff who are focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging NetApp products. You respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in hardware or software products, and you ensure delivery of optimal results. You must be a “take charge” professional, with demonstrated technical problem solving skills; a technical team leader and a subject matter expert; and have a strong customer service orientation and experience. Job Requirements • Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o UNIX configuration, administration and technical support.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service experience working with customers in high stress situations on complex problems.
- Network Appliance hardware and software experience.
- In-depth knowledge of:
o Windows NT/2000/2003 configuration, system administration and technical support.
o Fibre Channel HBA configuration and installation.
o NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure.
o Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
o Network architectures including the roles of routers, and switches
o Microsoft Exchange
o RAID and storage systems
o NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
o CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
o Data Ontap operating system and NetApp clustering.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- At least three years of experience with Network Appliance systems.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving. Education and Experience This is a new job code and currently, no job description exists. Please work with compensation and your recruiter to determine a job description. Posting Category Customer Support Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 24047BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....