Secretary 12 months
Full-time - 8 hours/day, 12 month position
Excellent technology skills
Accuracy and attention to details
Ability to work independently
Helpful customer service attitude
Ability to multi-task
Strong organizational skills
Experience with Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Experience working in a team atmosphere
Must have at least a high school diploma
The physical demands and work environment of this position are typical of an interior office work environment with limited physical effort required and no or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observations, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a personal computer and related office equipment, as well as operate, maintain, and repair various department equipment and materials.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to function in the context of the office to include but not be limited to: operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment as mentioned above; lifting, moving, carrying up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing and/or sitting; and the capability to move independently.
- Environmental conditions include those risks normally associated within the context of an office environment and potential exposure to computer and office equipment cleaning chemicals and solutions. The noise level can be minimal to loud.
Sioux City Community Schools is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate. The Certificate consists of assessments that measure skills critical to on-the-job success: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. We highly recommend applicants for our non-certified positions visit Iowa Workforce Development to learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate. If you have completed the assessments necessary for the certificate, please submit your scores with your application.
The Sioux City Community School District prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. The School District does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these above mentioned categories in employment or in the educational programs, activities, and vocational opportunities offered by the District.
Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all positions within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
k12jobspot.com - 2 years ago