Channel Management BU Head-KEY000100
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Lead and direct all marketing and business activities in support of US Animal Health Channel Management.These activities include oversight of market planning, product launches, advertising and promotional activities, sales force training, pricing, trade shows, billing and inventory control.
Lead and direct multi-segment business strategy and activities in support of US Animal Health Channel Management.
Activities include oversight of strategic market approach and planning, channel partnership management, product positioning and new launches, advertising and promotional activities, learning and development initiatives, industry and customer trade events, pricing, margin, rebate, billing and inventory control, data analytics and segmentation, coordinate a centralized customer communication strategy amid diverse and complex segments.
This position serves as a member of the US Leadership Team in coordination with Segment Business Unit Leads, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Communications, towards ensuring US business objective attainment.
- Develop and lead a team of National Account Managers to execute annual business plans with key channel partners.
- Develop and lead a team of Inside Sales in support of objectives and channel strategies.
- Develop channel management strategy and approach across all business units to include companion animal, equine and food animal production species – beef, dairy, sheep, swine and poultry in multiple channels to include ethical and OTC channels.
- Make distributor selection and pricing recommendations. Manage all distributor inventory levels, contracts, executive program implementation/administration processes and development/dissemination of key reports as needed to distribution Merck Animal Health Sales and Marketing management.
- Develop and manage channel management communications both internally and externally.
- Develop distributor specific advertising and promotional campaigns/materials, as needed with the assistance of Sales and Marketing management.
- Work in the field with distribution account managers, support the conduct of quarterly business review with key distributors and attend trade shows and sales meetings on a quarterly basis to maintain market contact.
- Provide regular feed back to the business on plan activities and outcomes. Develop key metrics and regular monitoring to measure results. Provide extensive analysis of competitor activities from a strategic and tactical standpoint.
- Establish and develop key relationships with executive leadership of channel partners.
§ Bachelor degree required with a minimum of 7 years experience in National Account Management, Marketing and/or Animal Health Operations is required.
§ Five years managerial experience leading remote colleagues is required.
§ Prior Animal Health industry experience is strongly preferred (broad and in-depth knowledge of the market, products, and competitive environment).
§ Computer competency is required. (The individual must demonstrate competency with applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications.)
§ Requires excellent, Business Acumen, Relationship Management, Negotiations and Account Management
§ Strong ability to work cross functionally with all business units.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Key Account Management
Job Title : Channel Management BU Head
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Other Locations : NA-US-NJ-Summit
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Merck & Co. - 20 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...