Position Title: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Grade: 59-60
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Functional leadership position in the manufacturing engineering discipline. The AME manager will lead teams to develop and execute assembly processes that meet proven standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Support and actively participate in the development of assembly standards and best business practices
- Lead the application of assembly standards on future programs.
- Lead regular manufacturing engineering reviews of program deliverables to ensure consistent application and execution of standards and use of analysis tools.
- Evaluate product design for deviations to safety, quality or efficiency targets and drive issue resolution. Promptly elevate issues without solid countermeasures to leadership.
- Lead DFA/M workshops and evaluations for all programs
- Provide operations leadership for the product engineering and SDT teams to complete all manufacturing feasibility assessments
- Provide coaching and development for program AMEs and Business Unit AME Managers through facilitation of functional workshops.
- Create, maintain and distribute assembly standards and other relevant documentation.
- Maintain and manage the AME portal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience - automotive interiors experience preferred
- Experience with seating products desired
This job requires a bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience.
- PFMEA development
- MODapts or equivalent training/certification
- Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
- Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
- Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
- Analytical problem solving
- Design for assembly and manufacturing
- Project management - plan development and execution
- 4 years ago - save job
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...