Program Director – |
HIV/AIDS Programs – Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for a Program Director – HIV/AIDS to lead the overall operation of the Congregate HIV/AIDS service programs, which includes management, planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation of policies and implementing proper procedures for the program. Our programs are characterized by a team approach, supervision of clinical and administrative staff, time unlimited services, crises availability, and referral procedures. This position supervises five Assistant Program Directors – one for each facility. Responsibilities include:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Providing direction of the day-to-day operations of the programs.
- Developing and maintaining a service program sufficiently flexible and dynamic to meet the needs of the under-served and economically disadvantaged populations particularly those who are afflicted with HIV/AIDS.
- Ensuring and maintaining policies, principles, and procedures that are in agreement with the HRA program, HPD, Enterprise Foundation, or other program requirements, guidelines, regulations and directives.
- Overall management and maintenance of physical facility with responsibilities that include permits, OSHA, fire drills, inventories and other facilities related management issues, as required.
- Ensuing timely completion of program progress reports including demographic census, services rendered as required.
- Affirming all record keeping relating to Quality Improvement (Q/I) and Quality Assurance (Q/A) issues, HIV/AIDS program activities, including but not limited to, databases, daily logs, progress notes, and ensuring client charts are appropriately maintained and up-to-date.
- Providing oversight for the HIV/AIDS, consumer goals of client recovery, rehabilitation, and community reintegration by planning and implementing outreach, intake, counseling, crisis intervention, emergency and case management HIV/AIDS activities.
- Directing, supervising and training staff, HIV/AIDS, mental health and substance abuse activities, leading team and service planning meetings, providing direction to staff regarding individual cases, conducting side-by-side contacts with staff, conducting individual supervision meetings and evaluating employee performance.
- Training the HIV/AIDS team to meet program requirements
- Oversight over the non-clinical staff in the facility i.e., superintendent, porters, food handlers, security, and other support staff.
- On Call 24/7
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of HIV/AIDS program guidelines and HRA, MHRA and HPD regulations and directives, as applicable to the program.
- Thorough knowledge of program development, implementation methodology, and research methods and techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of clinical and administrative staff.
- Ability to perform in a team approach and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, oral and active listening).
- Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, and compassionate. Culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed and afflicted with HIV/AIDS, various national/ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion, and substance abuse issues.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, federal, state, and city officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- Masters Degree in social work, public health, health administration, or a related field or licensure/registration as a social worker.
- Five or more years experience in providing direct services related to the treatment and recovery of persons afflicted with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and serious mental illness.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- HIV/AIDS advanced training and CASAC are a plus.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.
Comunilife - 18 months ago