Performs complex accounting reviews, processes and reporting. May specialize in areas of accounting for media production, content or programming. Works Under general supervision with ability to work independently.
1. Review and analyze programming & talent deal memos/contracts for cable network(s).
2. Input and maintain programming cost in content accounting database. Perform functions specific to financial planning for programming cost, i.e. budgets, strategic plans and quarterly forecasts.
3. Record month end programming journal entries, including changes in balance sheet activity and related amortization expense.
4. Analyze programming payments in detail and apply payments against appropriate program liability.
5. Work with Business Affairs, finance management and programming management to resolve specific contract issues.
6. Assist manager and work with other team members as appropriate in quarterly review processes and resolution of issues identified through various reviews.
7. Assist VP and manager on other projects and analyses as assigned.
*5 + years of Accounting experience.
*Experience reviewing contractual documentation.
*Excel experience required.
*Strong interpersonal, communication and documentation skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively meet deadlines. Self-starter. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
*Oral and written communication skills
*Organization and time management skills
*Ability to interpret and explain the meaning of information to others