This is an exciting opportunity for accountants with a Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience who are looking to acquire practical corporate operational accounting experience, exposure to commercial and the complex government client accounting service, and develop the skills to be a full cycle accountant in a professional service organization.
- Report to and assist the Courtesy Controller in providing timely and accurate Corporate Financial Statements to SmithBucklin's CFO and in carrying out the overall mission of the Corporate Finance department supporting Courtesy in supporting the needs of both Courtesy and SmithBucklin
- Responsible for all accounting functions for assigned clients including auditing requests, Accounts Payable processing, billing, collections, analysis, and estimate to completions
- Maintain Accounts Receivable goals for assigned clients working closely with internal and external client end users to facilitate prompt payment, answer billing questions, resolve discrepancies to provide excellent client service
- Attend and be an active voice in periodic internal AR Update meetings with Strategic Account Directors and periodic AR Meetings with Executive Management from the parent company
- Assistance with Corporate Month End close including Journal Entry preparation, Adjustments, Bank Reconciliations, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintains an active knowledge of all assigned contracts including contractual terms and obligations, understands the individual requirements (billing and otherwise) of each, analyzes individual project performance and assists with all processes in the overall accounting system
- Assists with Time Collection process including semi-monthly time drops and reconciliation to semi-monthly payroll
- Weekly auditing and preparing JE for Employee Expense Reimbursements
Who we are: SmithBucklin is a professional services company specializing in Association Management. We are the world's largest association management company, founded in 1949. The company provides full-service management and outsourcing services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin's mission is to drive growth for its client organizations and provide uncompromised stewardship for their long-term prosperity. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, Washington, D.C., St. Louis and St. Paul, MN. SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee owned.
- Bachelor's degree required (concentration in Accounting preferred)
- US Citizenship required
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Highly adaptable, multi-tasking capability
- Extremely well-organized
- Great maturity
- Independent, self-starter
- Highly dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Access and Excel are a plus
Courtesy Associates (www.courtesyassociates.com), a subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is a recognized leader in delivering turnkey conference, meeting and event management services worldwide. Our clients benefit from the experience and continuity of our best-in-class, senior-level staff, who are dedicated to serving government, academia, technical and medical societies, corporations and foundations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
Our people make a meaningful difference in a wide range of diverse industries and professions, helping our client organizations achieve...