Business Insurance Actuarial and Analytics is looking for an actuarial student or actuarial analyst for its Loss Analytics and Reserving Guaranteed Cost Property unit. This unit is responsible for developing unbiased estimates of loss content, and delivering leading indicators and business intelligence to Business Insurance and Actuarial Senior Leadership. This position plays a key role in determining drivers of Property loss content, which in turn helps drive profitable business growth.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The person in this role will assist with the implementation of the core responsibilities of the Business Insurance Loss Analytics and Reserving Guaranteed Cost Property unit, which include:
- Completion of the Property and First Party loss reserving process semi-annually, utilizing knowledge from the loss analytics process;
- Recognizing and evaluating the impact of claim, underwriting and other internal process changes on loss estimates;
- Identifying and utilizing external econometric and legal indices in the loss estimation process.
- Understanding the drivers of loss content changes historically and providing estimates of future changes;
- Providing Business Unit Actuarial staff with a range of analytics and insights for the selection of plan loss roll-forward estimates, including: basic, excess, and loss trend;
- Providing loss content estimates at a more granular level of detail for use in analyses done by the Products, Business unit and predictive modeling groups;
- Assistance with the monthly close process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Generally has 2+ years of Actuarial experience.
- College Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, economics, statistics, finance or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Positive, achievement oriented attitude
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Collaborate effectively with other functional areas (e.g.: Finance, Claim, BU's, etc.)
- Solid data retrieval and data management skills
- Strong PC skills - Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & Word. SAS experience a plus.
The final job title and salary of this position will be determined based upon the skills and experience of the candidate filling the position.
Candidates from all Travelers locations will be considered.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Travelers Co - 19 months ago