The Linux Systems Administrator/Programmer is a member of a team-oriented staff and shares in the responsibility of providing the St. Olaf community with systems administration and systems programming services.
The Linux Systems Administrator/Programmer is an entry-level position; training will be provided to a qualified candidate.
The primary responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator/Programmer are to manage the College’s Linux servers, to assist with administration of St. Olaf’s central systems and infrastructure, and to provide systems programming services.
● B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science
● Experience administering Linux systems
● Experience with scripting and programming languages
● Strong organizational and written communication skills
● Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
● Ability to work effectively in a team environment
● Experience with SANs, VMware, and networking equipment a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Criminal Background Check
Type of Position:
Full-Time Regular Position
Months per year position will work:
Link to Job Description:
Click Here for the complete Job Description.
Salary Hiring Range:
Months Worked (if less than 12 months):
Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ; some weekend and evening hours for special projects/events
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
St. Olaf College - 22 months ago