GP Strategies is a global performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients include leading Global 500 companies and government organizations. We employee more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
GP has an immediate opening for a Web Development Programmer.
Job Summary: Key aspects of the web development programmer position are to work directly with our development and programming team to develop web based technical solutions. Solutions can include web sites, training courses and mobile apps, course and LMS integration solutions, system applications, including database development, backend course programming, etc.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
• Work closely with programming team to ensure consistency in development approach, and template development.
• Attend project meetings to provide technical input and solutions
• Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to teams.
• Communicate to development teams with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
• Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
• Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
• Develop innovative, reusable web-based tools templates.
• Experience with HTML5
• Experience with iOS and Android application SDKs
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
• Experience using eLearning web authoring tools
• Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP desired
• Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL desired
• Strong technical problem solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to quickly learn new environments and solve problems
• Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
• Self-starter with strong self-management skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Education: BS in computer science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
GP Strategies Corporation - 15 months ago
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...