RALPHS GROCERY COMPANY is now accepting applications for SEMI-TRACTOR OR TRAILER MECHANIC! |
RALPHS GROCERY COMPANY is a major retail grocer operating several different and exciting formats in 233 stores throughout the State of California. Ralphs follows the traditional grocery supermarket format, which includes a number of upscale stores that carry a variety of specialty products including soup bars, coffee and tea cafes, as well as expanded wine and liquor offerings. Ralphs also operates a number of warehouses and distribution centers in the greater Los Angeles area as well as Riverside, California.
This full-time, hourly, union position is available in their Fleet Services in the Greater Los Angeles California Area. If you are looking for an exciting, fast-paced work environment, we have an exciting career waiting for you at Ralphs Grocery Company.
SEMI-TRACTOR OR TRAILER MECHANIC
FLEET SERVICES GARAGE GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA
This position is responsible for inspecting, repairing and maintaining fleet equipment in an efficient, safe, cost effective and practical manner, applicable to all Department Of Transportation and California Vehicle Code regulations.
- Proficient with DD13 and Mercedes Benz Maintenance & Repairs
- Proficient using diagnostic software and trouble shooting
- Familiar with Eaton Fuller and Meritor Transmission Repair
- Familiar with Ottawa yard Tractor repair and maintenance with B9 Cummins Engines
- Knowledge for repair and Maintenance with DPF emission systems
- Perform Preventive maintenance inspections.
- Repair roll up doors, replace panels, cables, tracks, hinges and rollers.
- Repair brake systems to include ABS systems, drums, s-cams, brake valves and brake cans.
- Repair electrical systems.
- Repair suspension systems to include springs, equalizers and torque arms.
- Repair landing gears.
- Complete computer based work orders with accurate repair descriptions of the work performed and insure parts used on a job are charged to the work order.
- Proven Foreman capabilities a plus, must have special skillsets dealing with people.
- Must be qualified and familiar with all aspects and areas of Section 396 of the California Vehicle Code.
- Must have strong skills in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting, working with electrical, roll up doors, suspensions, air systems and brake systems.
- Must have and maintain own tools up to 1 drive.
- Must understand and carry out oral and written instructions and/or repair orders to determine the work that has been performed and that which needs to be accomplished.
- ASE or other credited certification preferred.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives under a tight daily schedule.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Dependability and safe work habits essential.
- Willingness to work holidays, weekends, any shift and/or days off.
- Some computer skills preferred.
JobsInLogistics.com - 12 months ago
Ralphs Grocery Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Co., operates 344 stores in southern CA, 27 stores in northern CA, and 38...