Performs the unloading, loading, setting up merchandise in compliance with product handling standards in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
Essential* Duties & Responsibilities;
1. Performs the unloading, loading, moving and setting up home furnishings.
2. Practices safe and secure material handling methods and distributes merchandise properly in accordance with product handling standards.
3. Verifies sales order for product, customer account and other information prior to
loading and unloading merchandise.
4. Communicates with internal and external personnel in a professional and timely manner.
5. Practices safe and secure loading methods to utilize the maximum amount of truck space and avoid
6. Reports errors found on documents to supervisor.
7. Completes all documentation neatly and accurately.
8. Operates manual and mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
9. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and listening skills.
- Basic reading and comprehension skills.
- Basic numerical reasoning skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork in an accurate, neat and efficient manner.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand , push, pull and lift cartons weighing approximately 50 - 100+ lbs. repetitively.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous material handling experience preferred.
Founded in 1920 as a furniture and hardware store by the husband-and-wife team Sam and Jessie Levin, Sam Levin (dba Levin Furniture) sells a...