(two positions available)
Nature of Work
Responsible for supervising a staff of 20 - 25 swim lesson instructors. Reports to the Aquatics Program Manager and indirectly to the Pool Manager.
Examples of Work
1. Schedule and assigns instructors to classes
2. Prepares staff training materials and conducts instructor training
3. Divides children into appropriate class levels
4. Secures equipment for classes
5. Monitors instructors and classes during sessions
6. Handles parent questions/complaints and conducts instructor training
7. Distributes and collects parent evaluation forms
8. Performs mid-season and final staff evaluations
9. Complete appropriate records and paperwork
1. Previous experience as a swim instructor with proficient swimming skills desired
2. Must have an understanding of Learn to Swim Program and the level of performance required to pass each of the levels
3. Must be able to communicate well with both public and staff and approach them in a positive and tactful manner
4. Must have good swimming skills and be able to teach all levels of swim classes
5. Ability to lead, motivate and instruct staff, patrons, and participants
6. Must have a minimum of two years of experience in teaching swim lessons
Must pass drug screening and background.
Salary: $9.50 per hour
For more information, contact Barb Wells at 434-2260, ext. 2401.
City of Bloomington, IL - 2 years ago