Serve as Association receptionist and first point of public contact for the NAM and its staff, members and guests. Position greets all who arrive in the offices in a warm and friendly manner, serving as the “face” of the NAM. Position assists with directing guests to conference rooms or making guests feel welcome and comfortable in the lobby area of the NAM. Position handles a variety of administrative duties in support of the human resources department and external relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Answer all incoming calls to the main telephone number promptly and transfer to appropriate person or department, taking messages, when necessary, obtaining complete information (name, company and phone number). To the degree possible, assist callers who want information. (55%)
Greet and assist members and other visitors, announce to appropriate person and/or direct to proper meeting room. (10%)
Handle messenger service and maintain log; handle and follow up on incoming faxes; monitor pick-up and delivery of packages and airline tickets, notifying recipients; handle vending machine refund money; call for equipment service / facilities maintenance when necessary. (10%)
Reconcile invoices for messenger services and newspaper deliveries sort, prepare and distribute telephone bills; sort and distribute Federal Register, Congressional Register and Congressional Monitor; and reroute misdirected mail. (10%)
Assist in other projects as assigned, such as using e-mail to send all-staff messages; affixing labels to envelopes and providing general assistance with mailings; and receiving and organizing Board nomination ballots. Update current employee phone list as needed. Participate on the 733WAS@nam committee, conducting evacuations and other projects as needed. (15%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma; minimum two years of experience with a multi-line phone system.
- Two years’ experience working in a professional office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Position requires a cheerful and people-oriented disposition, with ability to interact with various levels of people in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner
- Must be able to read about and generally understand the issues and activities of the Association and keep abreast of top priorities and projects to determine needs of callers and visitors.
- Position requires a high degree of reliability, punctual arrival and ability to occasionally work during the afternoons.
- Must be able to multi-task providing a high level of customer service
- Must be flexible and able to handle changing priorities and additional, unplanned tasks
- Must have ability to handle stress
- Must be able to maintain part-time schedule of 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit most of the time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The National Association of Manufacturers - 13 months ago
Hair Cuttery Salon
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
- 3 days ago