Responsible for coordination of the construction on the NEW SITE BUILD projects. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager or Operations Manager. Direction Received: Frequent, from Project Field Manager or Operations Manager |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Wireless Lead/Execution Construction Manager is accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities in the roll include:
• Serves as single-point of contact, between project management and construction execution.
• Providing oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects
• Must be able to establish, maintain, and managing sub contractor relationships. Assuring we
have the correct level and talent of subcontractors to maintain our construction schedules and
level of work.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Work with Field Construction Managers to develop detailed material take offs and scope of
services lists from RFDS’s and Engineered drawings.
• Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion to
meet schedule and budget expectations.
• Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
• Effectively manage Field CM’s in the execution of the project.
• Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred,or 3 years of experience at the superintendent level.
- Experience: 5+ years with a degree or 14+ years without degree. Strong UMTS/LTE Experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Strong LTE/UMTS experience
• 10+ years of relevant (Wireless and OSP/ISP telecommunication industry) Construction Management,
Project Management Experience required.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in wireless and OSP/ISP telecommunication industry.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
• Experience / knowledge of financial acumen and team based management required.
• Proficient understanding of scheduling, costs, budgets, and revenue is required.
• Travel may be required as well as the ability to commit to long term on site assignments.
• Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with
the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
One of the US's largest private companies, Black & Veatch (BV) is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction firm...