Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity.
This announcement will be used to fill the current opening in Shoshone at the District 4 office in Project Development. If you have previously applied for a GIS Analyst and wish to be considered for the current opening, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Create, update and maintain relational databases of highway related information such as Noise, Signs, Wetlands, Right of Way, Materials Sources, assets and road features.
- Create map products, including image, hard-copy and web.
- Work with GPS equipment including mission planning, field collection, different correction and conversion to GIS format. This may also include training others in the use of GPS.
- Develop basic scripts or programs as needed to automate data and map creation and maintenance.
- Import and export GIS and other data products for use by ITD and ITD's partners.
- Work with other districts, headquarters personnel and outside agencies to insure consistent data.
- Assist in training other district personnel in the use of GIS.
- Be the lead and subject matter expert for GIS in the district.
- Assist Project Development staff in engineering, planning, scheduling, survey, and Right-of-Way tasks.
- Some knowledge of computer programming languages or any object-oriented language commonly used in the development of GIS programs.
- Some knowledge of principles of database design and management.
- Good knowledge of geographic information systems.
- Good knowledge of cartographic principles.
- Experience operating, applying, and programming ESRI software products in a work environment.
- Experience with Spatial Database Engine (SDE) and personal geo-databases.
- Some knowledge of Linear Reference Systems and their use.
- Experience using dynamic segmentation and event tables.
- Knowledge of using maps, feature, and image services.
- Some experience directing and coordinating collection of field data.
- Some knowledge of GIS architecture.
- Some knowledge of transportation systems.
- Some experience with Trimble GPS equipment.
Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the exam. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 63 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the examination for this position, click on the Preview Exam link below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
Idaho Division of Human Resources - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard