Receives and prepares specimens according to standard protocols and procedures. Performs laboratory tests and calculations to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs quality control procedures and evaluates test performance and results. Calibrates, maintains and monitors equipment used in analytical determinations. Performs phlebotomy procedures as appropriate. Maintains confidentiality of patient related information.
Demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner's Expectations as duties are performed on a daily basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:A. Education, Experience & Training:
1. Bachelors degree and Medical Technologist ASCP registry is required, and
2. Current license or temporary license issued by the State of Louisiana as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist — Generalist, or appropriate Clinical Laboratory Scientist — Specialist, and
3. The incumbent must meet CLIA and CAP requirements for testing personnel relative to scope of
4. Any incumbents certified by ASCP on or after January 1, 2004 must successfully complete ~
the requirements of the ASCP's Certification Maintenance Program.
B. Other Qualifications:
1. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal courteously and effectively with patients, physicians, nurses and other personnel.
2. Judgmental skills necessary in order to identify and solve problems as well as handle difficult
3. Analytical skills necessary in order to perForm calculations, operate laboratory equipment, computers, and printers.
4. Ability to manage stress in order to maintain a professional atmosphere and provide quality service to our patients.
5. Ability to work independently
Organization - LABORATORY NMC-3550
Primary Location - NEW ORLEANS REGION-SLIDELL
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 25...