U49-ATC Spec - Terminal
USA-NV: NEVADA-NORTH LAS VEGAS
Remote Work Authorized
May 1, 2012, 4:32:12 PM
Responsible for the overall operations of the Control Tower during their shift and maintains general situational awareness of air traffic. If necessary, they may limit or disapprove operations based on existing traffic congestion or complexity, staffing, weather, and individual controller training and experience.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have completed an accredited Military or Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control school.
1. Must have held or hold a FAA Control Tower Operator
2. Must hold can obtain a FAA Second Class Flight
Physical prior to assignment to duty location.
3. Must have a minimum of three (3) years Control Tower
supervisory experience. Air Force Special Code (AFSC)
of 1C171 (Air Force Certified 7-Level Watch Supervisor
staff sergeant (E-5) or above with SEI 054 and 055) or
1. Control air traffic on and within vicinity of airport
according to established FAA and USAF procedures to
prevent collisions and to minimize delays arising from
2. Answer radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft
and issue landing and takeoff instructions, runway in use,
wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instruction,
traffic advisories, and any other data pertinent to flight
safety to aircraft operating in and around the airport traffic
3. Transfer control of IFR/VFR aircraft departing to and
accept control of arriving flights from Nellis Radar, using
approved telephone and interphone communications.
4. Alert airport emergency crews and other designated
personnel by radio or telephone when airplanes are
5. Operate the ETVS (TED) air traffic control
communications console and the DVRS recorder.
6. Operate the airport lighting panel and the emergency
power generator. Control vehicle traffic on and around the
runways using approved FAA and local procedures.
7. Keep written records of daily events using personal PC.
8. Performs related duties as required.
Must be able to meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a “Top Secret” government security clearance .
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Required to spend 3-4 nights away from home.
3. On occasion must be able to work weekends and
4. Must be able to work Day, Swing or Grave shifts.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 2 years ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...