K&L Gates LLP seeks to hire a Legal Recruitment and Development Assistant to be located in the San Francisco office. The Legal Recruitment and Development Assistant will work within a local team to assist in coordinating the day-to-day functions of legal recruiting and legal personnel, including the following fundamental duties:
Student and Lateral Recruitment
Summer Associate Program
- Assist in scheduling candidate interviews;
- Coordinate travel arrangements, hotel reservations and expense reimbursements;
- Assist in producing all necessary correspondence related to recruiting efforts;
- Assist with the preparation, coordination and scheduling of on-campus and job fair interviews
- Process resumes received from candidates, placement firms and referrals;
- Maintain recruitment database and all recruitment and candidate files
Legal Personnel and Administrative
- Assist with the coordination of all events, including orientation and training programs;
- Assist with management of summer associate assignments and evaluations;
- Attend all summer associate events;
- Assist in producing all necessary correspondence related to the program.
- Assist in coordinating all pre-arrival details related to new lawyers including but not limited to relocation expenses, Bar examination and review course fees, stipend and advance payments, orientation programs and new hire paperwork;
- Assist with implementing the annual associate review process;
- Prepare expense reports;
- Provide administrative support for Firmwide Legal Recruiting and Diversity and Inclusion projects;
- Assist with the administrative duties of the department.
The successful candidate must have a professional demeanor, possess excellent organizational and administrative abilities, strong written and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines. He/she will also have the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will require periodic overtime, especially during the busy summer months . A 4-year accredited college degree is preferred; 1-2 years of experience desired, preferably in a professional services or other similar environment.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice on all levels, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow into the future. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then K&L Gates could be the right place for you.
If you feel that you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this position, please use the link below. Please include a cover letter, salary requirements and an advertisement source in your application.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.