Performs specified patient care activities and basic clerical tasks under the direction of a Registered Nurse and is committed to the provision of patient centered/ patient valued care.
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours of college course work and have not graduated from college.
- Applicants must be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare or healthcare administration.
- Must successfully complete the Basic Patient Care educational program offered by Parkland Nursing Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- May be required to have a current Heartsaver or Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card, or successfully complete a course upon initial orientation.
Additional Work Requirements:
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/ patient valued behaviors.
- Students will be required to participate in all educational programs, community and social activities related to the Collegiate Fellows Program. These activities are in addition to the regular working hours.
- Work area will be limited to the department assigned. Students will not be allowed to work as paid staff or as a volunteer in any other area of the hospital during their tenure in the Collegiate Fellows program.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 16 months ago