To deliver world-class healthcare for a community exceeding 600,000 people, WellStar is more than 11,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With five unique hospitals, over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve.
Join the team Named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine
Required Minimum Education:
Position requires a high school degree or equivalent.
Required Minimum Experience:
Prefer 2-3 years clerical experience in a physician practice.
Computer skills essential. Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS) Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude (see WellStar's "Standards of Gold").
• Greeting patients and guests in a warm, friendly manner
• Registering patients for appointments; signing in patients, obtaining updated insurance and demographic information and entering it in the computer system, copying/scanning insurance cards, and ensuring completion of all necessary paperwork, and collecting co-pays and any outstanding balances
• Obtaining and updating patient charts with registration paperwork, and other related forms for the visit
• Passing chart on to clinical staff and coordinating timely transition of patients to the clinic.
• Communicating quickly and often with patients, if there is a delay or wait for patient care
• Coordinating with the clinic for pharmaceutical representatives, sample pick-ups, and other clinic requests
• Managing cash allowance; verifying opening balance, ensuring all correct change and collections are made and accounted for, accurately balancing superbills/posting report with bank bag for each daily close.
• Checking patients out; collecting any deductibles or self pay account balances, and/or scheduling next appointment visits
• Filing paperwork in the medical record; reviewing correct name and date of birth on each chart, filing paperwork in the designated place, and ensuring all labs, tests, etc. have been reviewed and signed-off by the provider before filing
• Pulling all patient charts at least 1 day before scheduled appointments, and same day appointments as soon as scheduled
• Receiving/printing any transcription and/or faxes and filing in the appropriate chart
• Transporting records to and from all departments; check-in, clinic, provider offices, billing, etc.
• Re-filing charts after each use
• Greeting patients and guests in a warm, friendly manner on the telephone; identifying the practice and themselves
• Answering incoming calls; directing to appropriate personnel, taking messages when appropriate, handling issues they can address, and s
cheduling patient appointments as requested
• Contacting patients for appointment reminders
• Verifying patient demographic and insurance information, when possible
• Pre-verifying insurance eligibility before the patient appointment, when possible
• Managing patient call wait times; being alert to queues in the system, responding to voicemails and messages timely, offer options to call patients back, if they are on hold too long
• Providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
• Reporting any potential customer concerns or complaints immediately to management
• Overall responsibility for welcoming customers and addressing their needs
• Other duties as assigned by management
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
WellStar Health System - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
With WellStar in your corner, you won't need to wish upon a star for good health and wellness. The not-for-profit WellStar Health...