Provide service operation leadership to maximize return on investment through optimizing Service Department processes and safety procedures to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, grow profitable service labor sales, manage controllable expenses, attract and retain outstanding talent while effectively engaging department personnel.
1. Develops and maintains effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
2. Leads by sharing best practices that fosters improvement of the Service Department.
3. Timely review of work order accuracy to be processed by administrative staff ensuring maximum return on investment.
4. Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire, develop and retain key talent.
5. Responsible for the safety of the service department in alignment with company safety policies. Conducts safety training, reviews safety related incidents and implements corrective actions agreed upon by Store Manager.
6. Develop service personnel training paths in conjunction with Store Manager by evaluating abilities and scheduling the appropriate classes or learning modules to minimize disruption of department work flow.
7. Communicates and holds service personnel for the location responsible to understand policies, procedures, and service goals.
8. Establishes service personnel goals, provides feedback, rewards performance, and addresses performance issues in alignment with strategic service department direction provided by Store Manager.
9. Engages team to participate and promote customer seminars, field days and related events.
10. Works with Store Manager and other team members to create and implement a perpetual marketing plan that grows service sales and addresses seasonality of work load.
1. Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. 2 or more years experience in managing a department.
2. Understanding of financial principles relative to department operations.
3. Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
4. Ability to use standard desktop load applications and internet functions.
5. Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
6. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, one-on-one and within a group.
7. Must have good leadership skills.
8. Ability to work well with other people.
9. Must be well organized and accurate.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
1. Must have good hearing and sight – well enough for safety purposes.
2. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods.