The Wireless Field Specialist III will have experience with Wireless LAN and DAS installations while working from blueprints, specifications, and system documentation. Ideal candidates will have a thorough working knowledge of Network Topologies, Industry Configurations, IEEE and BISCI standards as they installation testing and trouble shooting. In addition, The Wireless Field Specialist III should have a thorough working knowledge of most widely used solution applications such as Mobile Access, Motorola, and Aruba.
Major Job Elements
- Works as Filed personnel installing cable infrastructure and application hardware as found in wireless LAN and DAS systems and networks.
- Works as part of a crew on field assignments and keep Site Supervisor informed daily on production and completed work by the crew. Brings to Site Supervisor’s attention any situations, which may impede production (i.e. lack of access, lack of proper tools etc.) including safety concerns.
- Works with the other crew members to insure quality workmanship and methods to improve individual or team performance
- Must be able to communicate effectively internally with other team members as well as externally with clients and sub-contractors.
- Must be able to work for short and extended periods away from home
- Assists, as required, in all aspects of the project as directed by the Site Supervisor
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and carry 25 lbs
- 2-5 years of Wireless LAN/ DAS, and/or cabling and networking experience.
- High school education or equivalent Classes in industry-related courses such as networking, telecommunications supervision etc.
- Experience and/or training with Wireless LAN and/or DAS applications, i.e. Motorola. Mobile Access, Aruba preferred
- Ability to facilitate travel within a designated area sometimes using a company vehicle
- Must have own tools
- Must be willing to travel
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Henkels & McCoy - 22 months ago
When utilities, communications companies, or governments need the real McCoy to install or repair their transmission networks, they can call...