The Associate Clinical Specialist position is located at C. R. Bard Medical Division in Covington, Georgia.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Medical Services & Support (MS&S) strives to enhance Bard’s reputation and the value of Bard products by responding to medical and technical questions or requests for information from health care professionals or other departments within the company regarding Bard products and related products. Additionally, the department works to provide relevant feedback to the Divisions that can impact the overall success of Bard.
This position is responsible for providing support services to the department, Bard Access Systems and Bard Peripheral Vascular Division.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requires extensive training for the first 3-6 months on all vascular products sold by Bard Peripheral Vascular (BPV) and Bard Access Systems (BAS) and procedures that utilize these products.
- As soon as deemed appropriate by the Department Director, incumbent receives and responds to incoming medical and technical inquiries from health care professionals and company personnel regarding various vascular products. Researching medical and technical issues is frequently required.
- Refers significant issues or inquiries that exceed the scope of responsibility or knowledge of the Incumbent to a senior staff member for assistance or resolution.
- Keeps current on BPV and BAS products and procedures by reviewing product literature and medical/technical journals and by attending training sessions on new products, most often via webinar.
- Notifies sales representatives of customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Records information regarding each inquiry in department’s master database.
- Communicates issues derived from inquiries to department manager where appropriate.
• Experience as an IV medical professional, CRNI certification preferred.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, excellent organizational skills, telephone courtesy, and professionalism.
• Must have a general medical and scientific background, including a working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology and an understanding of how medical devices are used in clinical settings.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, business correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write basic correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one or small group situation to clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret basic line or bar graphs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in biology, health science, or nursing
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the medical products or health care industry
- CRNI certification preferred
Employee is required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C. R. Bard - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...