This is a 20 hour per week position
Under the direction of the Centralized Scheduling Manager, and within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures, responsible for performing patient appointment scheduling for various departments hospital wide; responsible for registering Radiology patients and scheduling walk in patients. This also includes procurement of all pre-certifications, referrals and medical necessity checking.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous appointment scheduling and registration preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years administrative and in-person customer service experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Spelling and typing competence with computer experience essential.
- Familiarity with and understanding of hospital admissions, patient account systems and major health insurers and general coverage issues preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required; the ability to communicate effectively with the public, physicians and all hospital personnel in a high volume setting; and the ability to multi task.
Cooley Dickinson Hospital - 30+ days ago
The VNA & Hospice of Cooley Dickinson provides high quality hospice and home heath services to all those entrusted to our care.