Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use and has recently introduced a new on-road electric powered neighborhood vehicle. Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years are making in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s Windows Server, VMware Server and NetApp shared storage environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition to supporting the day-to-day operations this individual will also be responsible for assisting the Developer, Application, and DBA teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission critical business systems. This individual will also act as a mentor to other systems administrators, providing technical expertise and by-example leadership to the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Install, upgrade and monitor the Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
2. Configuration and maintenance of VMware server environment.
3. Configuration and maintenance of the storage area network.
4. Configuration and maintenance of HP server hardware .
5. Implementing and monitoring server security and access.
6. Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server infrastructure.
7. Evaluate new and emerging technologies; make recommendations to improve the current server infrastructure.
8. Lead projects to upgrade or migrate infrastructure systems and services, and contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of existing systems.
9. Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements, quickly and correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
10. Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and networking equipment that will support current or future business needs.
11. Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies for management review and consideration.
12. Provide technical assistance and direction to other team members.
13. Provide remote support for our global operations.
14. This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required.
2. 5-7 years experience in server and storage support.
3. MCSE and/or VCP certification preferred.
4. Experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, Group Policies, File Security, RADIUS, and Certificate Authority's.
6. Experience implementing, administering, and supporting storage area networks. HP MSA and NetApp arrays preferred.
7. Experience implementing, administering, and supporting HP Proliant rack mount and blade servers.
8. Experience implementing, administering, and supporting VMware vSphere environments.
9. Strong experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Veritas Backup Exec, and Citrix XenApp.
10. Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and related hardware and concepts.
11. Familiarity with the Microsoft System Center Suite including Service Manager, Operations Manager and Configuration Manager preferred.
12. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
13. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
14. Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate others and to mentor more junior staff, preferably in a team leadership role.
15. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
16. Strong project management skills including coordination, organization, documentation and communication abilities.
17. Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively.
18. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
19. Be able to work in a global organization supporting multi-language and multi-cultural environments.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...