The Studio Account Executive is responsible for generating sales and providing exceptional service to all customers consistent with the Design Within Reach mission.
- Meet or exceed personal and Studio sales goals
- Expand the customer's connection to the brand by increasing email sign-up in the studio
- Prospect for new business on a weekly basis utilizing company programs and tools
- Use product information and design knowledge to show and explain merchandise features and benefits
- Help customers in a courteous, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested manner
- Suggest additional items based on assessing customer needs
- Close the sale, writing a quote and following up with customer
- Assist in the coordination of hosting a minimum of 4 design related events per year and extending DWR's reach and involvement in the local design community
- Handle all merchandise returns and customer problems/complaints in a positive manner
- Enter customer orders according to company policy and procedure.
- Product knowledge: develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Design Within Reach products.
- Read all communication and materials on product forwarded from corporate offices
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for design, including designers and the design industry
- Attend studio meetings, share information amongst peers and utilize the web and catalog
- Assist in maintaining the Studio's design and housekeeping standards
- Assist in floor and fixture changes
- Receive process and ship product as necessary
- Utilize the visual standards guidelines to ensure studio meets company standards at all times
- Maintain a clean work space, back room and restroom
- Support basic maintenance of the studio (light bulb replacement, painting)
- Loss prevention: practice awareness of and compliance with loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Contact Proprietor or Area Manager should any internal or external loss prevention or safety situation arise or be suspect
- Working relations: work well with customers, fellow associates and corporate contacts.
- Take initiative to fulfill customer needs in a timely and appropriate manner
- Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
- Follow company policies and procedures including attendance, personal conduct, dress code and employee discount
- Communicate constructively and objectively with corporate offices when resolving customer issues
- Previous experience or education in interior design or architecture preferred
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to identify customer needs and problem solve, to understand and explain product features and benefits
- Design Savvy
- Retail Experience
- Experience with a POS system and proficient with MS Office software and web navigation
- Able to routinely move objects weighing over 20 pounds, and to understand and properly use a hand truck, carpentry tools, ladders, and other basic materials required in merchandising the Studio
- Attention to detail and outstanding problem-solving skills