The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment’s brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is responsible for operating welding equipment to build high quality parts, subassemblies, and finished product. Weldements vary in type, size, and direction and are performed on a variety of production lines.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Degree required
Required Skills & Experience
- Basic reading, writing, measuring and math aptitude
- Some knowledge of general welding practices and demonstrate proficiency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to master general responsibilities of following:
- Operate Pulse welding equipment.
- Operate Plasma and fueled torch assemblies
- Assemble and weld various metal parts together conforming to Con-E-Co standards
- Operate overhead bridge cranes as well as jib cranes
- Operate saws, ironworker and drill presses
- Operate powered electrical tools such as grinders, bevellers, hand drills, sanders and wire wheeled buffers
- Operate pneumatic tools such as impact wrenches, die grinders, pneumatic grinders
- Use miscellaneous hand tools
- Able to work from and understand blueprints and schematics
- Assess overall quality during and after production of product
- Maintain house keeping and organization of work area
- Follow all workplace safety standards
- Ability to climb and work from ladders as well as climb on constructed plants and work while tied off to plants at elevated heights
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, crouch, use hands and fingers to push, pull, carry, reach above head and lift and lower over 80 lbs. The employee may also be required to work at heights.
- Able to work required hours and dependable work attendance
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Oshkosh Corporation - 23 months ago