Iowa Hospice is currently seeking Hospice Aides to join our Muscatine, IA team!
The Hospice Aide functions in a supportive relationship to professional disciplines and may function as an extension of these professional services with written instructions, appropriate supervision and specialized hospice training. Provides quality patient care including medical and personal care along with activities of daily living.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to reoprt and discuss observations with Hospice Nurse.
- Ability to work without consistent direct supervision.
- Light housekeeping for patients including linen changes and bed making.
- Plans, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Sensitivity to issues of loss and grief.
- Participates in on call rotation as required and work flexible hours to meet patient care needs.
- Hospice Aide responsible include tasks listed on the plan of care, permitted to be performed under State law and consistent with Hospice Aide training and the following:
- Providing care consistent with written instructions
- Assisting with ambulation and exercise
- Assisting with medication that are ordinarily self-administered
- Reporting changes in the patient's condition and needs to a registered nurse
- Providing nutritional support
- Performing other related supportive tasks as specified by organizational policy.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs whiLe following company procedures.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Team Collaboration - Provides care with a team approach that includes patient and family as integral and essential members of the care team.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Six months to one year related experience
Skills & Abilities
Basic Computer Skills
Certificates & Licenses
Certified required, Hospice Aide or Certified Nurses Aide in the state that work is performed
NOTE: Some states may require a Home Health Aide Certificate along with the Certified Nurse Aide
Harden HealthCare, LLC - 24 months ago