Novetta Solutions specializes in providing innovative, mission-critical technology products and solutions to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and other organizations. As a trusted partner of the Department of Defense, U.S. Government civilian and international agencies, and businesses throughout the world, we work closely with teams working interesting and difficult customer issues to anticipate break-through technologies that are needed in the immediate future. Become part of a dynamic team where you have the ability to apply your skills to a variety of cutting-edge challenges.
We are looking for a talented Database Administrator responsible for:
Required Skills & Education:
- Full life-cycle of database management and administration, backup and recovery
- Develop scripts for the creation of the physical database schema(s), data security and protection, managing performance, performing backups/ restores, and archiving data of Oracle & MySQL databases.
- Install and configure Oracle for operation in multi-terabyte environments utilizing SAN storage systems.
Minimum 7 years experience of the following:
- Expert in sizing, capacity planning, backup, and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in Oracle environments in Very Large-Scale Enterprise Class environments.
- Experience with Performance Monitor and Explain Plan assessment, SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer) for Very Large-Scale databases.
- Ability to design, document and build physical database environments from table, column, index and view definitions to storage requirements and drive spacing and growth accommodations.
- Knowledge of MySQL storage engines (MyISAM, InnoDB, NDB).
- Experience with implementing of MySQL High Availability Solutions – MySQL Cluster, and MHA4MySQL.
- Ability to manage, monitor and administer database and system performance.
- Ability to perform the optimization and tuning of data loads, extractions and recommending appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- 10 years of RDBMS and business experience.
- Familiar with logical and design database development.
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking Tools (e.g., Toad, DBArtisan Workbench, SQL Optimizer).
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking (Threshold Forecasting, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Trend/Predictive Analysis, Testing/Stressing, and recovery planning in Enterprise Class environments).
- Highly proficient in UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with Oracle 11g, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Oracle Streams Replication, Data Guard, and Grid computing.
- High-level knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, and IBM-AIX).
- Familiar with supplemental MySQL technologies such as Xtra-Backup, NDB Cluster, and Maatkit.
- Ability to work with ETL developers and the O&M team to identify, design and implement solutions for the purposes of reporting, decision support.
- Familiar with implementing COT’s products into an Enterprise Database.
- Determine processes that should be developed/automated to improve efficiency and reliability.
Location: Reston, VA
About Novetta Solutions
Our employees are reputed for their high standard of professionalism and ability to produce rapid, quality results. We retain the most talented people in the industry by offering employees a top-notch benefits package, career growth and development, and a competitive compensation. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, company paid vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and vacation, performance bonus, and an exceptional 401(k) plan. Novetta Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Apply online: http://www.novetta.com/life-at-novetta.html
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing new referral program , you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta Solutions.
Novetta Solutions - 23 months ago
Novetta is an advanced analytics company that extracts value from the increasing volume, variety and velocity of data. By mastering scale...