Intertek Commodities supports the world’s oil, refining, petro-chemical, agricultural and commodity trading markets with cargo inspection, product quality control, trouble-shooting, calibration and other testing and inspection related services.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of RESPONSIBILITY
- Under broad supervision, to render to customers commodity inspection services which are timely, safe, legal, ethical, and effective; to perform the necessary volume measurements, temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, documentation, and reporting which ensure that the customer receives an independent, accurate, and complete assessment of quantity and quality of material.
- To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
- To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
- To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
- To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
- To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
- To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
- To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
- To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
- To assist in the training of less experienced employees.
- To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- The Inspector must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and must, in the opinion of the hiring authority, be trainable in the practical aspects of the job. There are no rigid academic or experience requirements.
- The Inspector must be physically able to do the work required, and cannot have fear of heights or of confined spaces.
- The Inspector should have a positive attitude, a high tolerance for job pressure and long hours, and the ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
Intertek - 17 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...