Performs installations, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, air-handling equipment, circulating pumps, cooling towers, dampers, pneumatic and electrical controls in and around the hospital. Licensed to handle and remove refrigerants.
Maintenance of HVAC and related systems in assigned facility(ies).
1. Accountable for preventive maintenance on assigned equipment, including detailed documentation, in accordance with management’s defined standards. Assigned equipment may include: boilers, rooftop units, chillers, refrigeration systems, Building Automation Systems, ice machines, and control systems.
2. Performs corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation, on assigned equipment to ensure equipment operates in a safe, timely, effective and efficient manner. Work orders are completed within management defined timeframes.
3. Lays out and coordinates HVAC/refrigeration work with other trades, from start to completion, on assigned projects within scheduled time. Installs equipment by reviewing prints and ordering materials according to current building codes to ensure a safe and functioning environment.
4. Performs water treatment on boiler, steam systems, chillers and cooling towers. Maintains and prepares boilers, chillers and cooling towers for inspections. Winterizes chillers and cooling towers. Troubleshoots and maintains H.V.A.C. digital and pneumatic controls.
5. Maintains cleanliness of working area and assigned locations.
6. Accountable for clear and effective communication and follow through with staff at all levels regarding issues/concerns, to promote professional, knowledgeable resolutions.
7. Demonstrates ability to properly prioritize workloads and manage time effectively with minimal supervision. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of timekeeping documentation. May provide task-level direction to assigned supporting personnel or sub-contractors.
8. Maintains an up to date knowledge of policies and procedures relative to the Engineering Department to ensure all work meets hospital standards and regulatory requirements. Attends department meetings and training as assigned.
9. May support other security, facility, grounds keepers, and engineering trades as required (e.g. snow removal).
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned, which may include but is not limited to: On call duties, event investigation, cross training, proper maintenance of tools and workspace, etc. Maintains proper levels of parts and supplies.
11. Maintains appropriate licensure to handle and remove refrigerant in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Four years experience in facility maintenance work, with at least two years work experience working with HVAC systems
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot mechanical and electrical systems and facilitate repairs
- Experience with rooftop units, ice machines, electronic and pneumatic controls, and medium and low temperature refrigeration systems
- Demonstrated experience in use of refrigeration gauges, volt-ohm meter, vacuum pumps, basic hand and power tools
- Experience and willingness to work in and outside all parts of hospital and in various conditions with exposure to extreme ranges of temperature and in both sterile and dirty conditions
- Demonstrated skill at reading and interpreting technical documentation and blue prints
- Demonstrated ability of effective verbal and written communication
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Pulling / Pushing, Standing, Walking, Climbing, Lifting, Seeing, Crawling, Squatting / Kneeling, Manual Dexterity, Speaking
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...