Organization: Ubuntu Green, www.ubuntugreen.org
Location: Sacramento, CA
Start Date: January 28, 2013
The mission of Ubuntu Green is to promote healthy, sustainable and equitable communities through advocacy, education and community empowerment.
The Program Manager will oversee the organizations programmatic and communications work. This will include UG's Green Youth Leadership Team (G-Squad), a team of youth that work in the community to maintain a community garden and promote environmental stewardship and healthy eating and living; the Home and Community Garden Project, which promotes community engagement through building home and community-based gardens; the 350 Edible Garden Campaign, which is promoting the building of 350 home, school and community gardens in the Sacramento-region and volunteer engagement coordination. The position will also manage relevant staff, interns and volunteers, as needed. The Program Manager will report to the President and CEO. Visit www.ubuntugreen.org to learn more about relevant programs.
Organization Leadership and Management (10%)
Program Management and Development (55%)
- Partners with Executive Team to oversee programmatic organizational operations.
- Ensure the development of priority plans, performance measurements, management controls, and critical success factors in regard to the organizations programs in partnership with the Executive Team and relevant staff.
- Serve as community voice in partnership with Executive Team, staff and Board on UG programs.
- Directs the Ubuntu Green Programs Department, which includes the Green Youth Leadership Team and Home, Edible Garden Campaign and Community Garden Project.
- Oversees the planning, development and implementation of program/project development activities that support the strategic growth and development of Ubuntu Green initiatives.
- Assist in planning of organization events.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining active and positive working relationships with community members, funders, and partner organizations.
- Participates in annual strategic planning process through creation of a viable programmatic strategic plan, including processes for implementation, milestones, and quantifiable measures of success.
Fundraising and Financial Management (5%)
- Oversee organizations communications strategies and outreach.
- Manage social media and web messaging.
- Prepare and distribute press releases, maintain relationships with the mass media.
Board, Advisory Council, and Volunteer Development (10%)
- Partners with Executive, Board, and development team to develop and execute a sustainable annual fundraising plan, including actively cultivating and stewarding individuals, government agencies, foundations and corporations.
- Partners with Executive Team to provide financial management of program budget.
- Partners with Executive Team to develop programmatic budgets as part of the annual planning and budgeting cycle.
Human Resources and Staff Development (5%)
- Coordinates volunteer engagement activities.
- Prepares and presents programmatic reports to the Board of Directors and Advisory Council.
- Co-coordinates Advisory Council with other staff managers and directors.
- Manage relevant staff and interns working in programmatic areas.
- Manage relationships with relevant consultants.
- Excellent communications, writing, management and interpersonal skills.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience to include project coordination, management, evaluation and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience and ability to work with diverse staff and populations.
- Experience and comfort working with youth.
- Motivated and independent worker.
- Experience in promoting entities through social media, web and traditional venues.
- Ability to independently assess needs and develop creative solutions.
- Creative and flexible thinker.
- Familiar with working online and with social networking.
- History of working in social justice, environmental justice, community development, green movement environments.
- Excellent computer skills.
Starting salary will be $40,000 a year. Full health and life insurance benefits are available after 90 days.
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
idealist.org - 2 years ago