Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies. Workday employees expect that you model Workday's dedication to our customers. Workday customers expect that you exemplify the passionate Workday employee, who knows the right answer to their problems.
Workday is looking for a Sr. MySQL Database Engineer. You will have primary responsibility for the MySQL database environment that we use to run our systems for customers - both production and implementing customers.
With a growing customer base (approx 300 currently) and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think about how we optimize our operations to make them as seamless, efficient, and adaptable as possible. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the operations team will change rapidly. You need to be able to work closely with our developers as they build product enhancements for smoother operations and features that impact our operations.
As our customer base continues to grow at a fast rate this engineer will need to be a forward-thinking individual who can assist us with the tuning and scaling of our database solution. They need to proactively identify potential areas of trouble and come up with imaginative solutions before they become bottlenecks. They will help architect future improvements in such areas as backups, multi-site replication and high-availability.
Skills & Experience:
- Database Engineering & administration, including database installations, maintenance, troubleshooting, backup/restores, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring, alerting, and automation.
- Scope includes development, QA, and production environments
- Work on projects adjacent to the database environment, including automation initiatives and other infrastructure projects
- Will work alongside development, architects, systems engineers and operations teams
- Will be part of the 24x7 on-call schedule
- Will be responsible for testing, planning and implementing code pushes during regular maintenance windows
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything that′s unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it′s our people. It′s everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday
- 5-10 years of experience in a high-available database environment with 24x7 operations
- Production support experience is required
- MySQL is preferred, but experience with other platforms such as Oracle, Postgres, Sybase, etc is acceptable
- Command line administration experience is essential
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix and storage in a large scale, highly redundant environment
- Hands-on experience as a systems administrator or systems engineer is desirable
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem determination
- Strong hand-on experience of automation projects using one or more of the following languages: PERL, BASH, Shell, Java, etc
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Workday - 20 months ago
Workday wants to make every day better for HR and finance professionals. The computer software company makes cloud-based enterprise...