A Project Designer collaborates with Account Management teams and clients to design successful projects.
- Attends client meetings, construction meetings, etc with account teams.
- Work with account teams to develop a clear understanding of what is required for each project.
- Ability to Program, Space Plan and Manage large complex clients with multiple locations.
- Provide complete drawings and detailed furniture specifications - from block plans, to typical development through installation documentation and punch list completion.
- Create 3D drawings to finalize selections and obtain client approval.
- Create design binders and client standards binders as necessary.
- Coordinate outsource resources.
- Perform on-site architectural field verifications with account teams as necessary.
- Follow SideMark formats for graphic standards.
- Perform research on ancillary products and make recommendations for account teams.
- Provide team feedback on specification concerns and product application issues.
- Obtain detailed information on project phasing to ensure that product arrives as required.
- Perform specification checking.
- Professional design experience for minimum 5 years (preferably at dealer level).
- Proficiency in current release of AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in furniture specification software & 3D software.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Demonstrate attention to detail and team philosophy.
- Strong written and oral communications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or certificate in Interior Design or related field; 10 years CAD and/or design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to hold project meetings and present information clearly to the client.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume. Must be able to use a scale and calculate distances on plans. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Must be able to solve practical problems. Ability to analyze, interpret and prioritize a large scope of information. Ability to furnish that information in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to figure, hand to feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of these jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will occasionally be required to visit client sites, and buildings in the late phases of construction.
SideMark - 17 months ago
SideMark is an award winning corporation of professionals focused on interior design, furniture services and workplace consulting with...