***INDEFINATE MAY BECOME PERMANENT****
These positions will be located at the following Air National Guard Wings in Ohio:
121st Air Refueling Wing, Columbus, OH
178th Fighter Wing, Springfield, OH
179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield, OH
180th Fighter Wing, Toledo, OH
This position is located in various Ohio Air National Guard Wing, Mission Support Group, Security Forces Squadrons. The primary purpose of this position is to protect Federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. To maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
Military member of the OH Air National Guard
E-3 through E-7
(1) Performs and enforces the full range of security forces duties within the military installation. Apprehends and detains violators of laws, rules, and regulations and turns them over to the Federal or civil police or other law enforcement officers for arrest and/or posting of collateral. Serves at fixed posts or p atrols the installation on foot or in vehicles; responds to alarms, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances. Responds to calls for emergency assistance to include active shooter, suspicious persons, catastrophic events, scenes of crimes/natural disasters and enemy attacks, and makes apprehensions. Incumbent is required to perform specialized techniques, methods, and procedures to execute search and apprehension; counter terrorist operations; or counter violence posing a threat to public safety. As directed, acts as the on-scene commander for significant and catastrophic events. Performs traffic duty to include directing traffic and escorting dignitaries. Incumbent enforces pertinent administrative rules and regulations governing traffic control, parking, building, or other facility access, and breaches in physical security controls (locks, fences, gates, or other barriers). When enforcing rules and regulations established to accomplish the protective missions, security forces personnel control the movement of persons and protect lives and personal property in and around the identified Federal property. The incumbent carries out related duties such as, escorting persons and valuables; driving emergency vehicles; detecting and reporting potential fire and accident hazards; making preliminary checks of violations; and, preparing reports of incidents or security conditions.
(2) Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation. Dispatches personnel and equipment to meet emergency situations. Monitors the locations of all posts, alarm systems, closed circuit television systems and telephone/radio networks. As required, coordinates with civilian police, fire, rescue and emergency units for assistance. Uses computerized information systems to direct patrols, record daily blotter information, and retrieve information through the FBIs National Crime Information Center System. Uses knowledge of the Security Forces Management Information Systems (SFMIS) to retrieve information and complete reports on the systems. Receives, records, and secures confiscated items and evidence. Assures witness statements are properly secured. Keeps reports and complaint records. Prepares shift activity reports. Interviews witnesses and suspects to obtain and verify information. Advises suspects of their rights. Receives and records radio, telephone, and personal messages and instructions involving emergencies, complaints, violations, accidents, and requests for information and assistance. Transmits messages and instructions to officers on patrol and dispatch officers to investigate complaints and assist in emergencies. Interprets directives and instructions and answers general inquiries. Maintains records and prepares reports covering activities and events occurring over the course of a shift.
(3) Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller and commercial vehicle inspection duties. Ensures individuals requesting access to the installation have the proper identification credentials before entering. Conducts random vehicle searches at the privately owned vehicle (POV) gates and conducts thorough searches of all vehicles at commercial gate. Performs random antiterrorism measures in accordance with applicable instructions. Performs over-watch duties as required by force protection conditions. Responsible for Issuing base entry passes (individual and vehicle), and conducts background checks on contractors. Operates vehicle arresting barriers as necessary.
(4) Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources (Patrol, Security Response Team (I-SRT & E-SRT). D efends installation personnel, equipment, and resources from hostile ground attack. Participates in tactical defense postures as a member of a quick reaction force to deny infiltration or attack. Verifies credentials to ensure only authorized personnel, vehicles, and equipment items are permitted in these areas and validates each persons need to access the area. Ensures visitors are informed of applicable security requirements. Operates, monitors, and assesses sensor systems for the area. Responds to all area alarms and makes required notifications. Assesses the origin and cause of intrusion detection system (IDS) alarms in the area and makes required notifications. Implements compensatory measures if all, or part of, the IDS is inoperable and completes documentation required in accordance with IDS operational and maintenance procedures. Detects and eliminates threats to the restricted area; and, detains and apprehends violators. Informs supervisor and central security control/law enforcement desk of any changes or reductions in security safeguards capabilities and physical security aids such as, lights, signs, fencing, barriers, sensors, alarms, and locks. Performs ground defense functions during base contingency operations and exercises. Operates specialized weapons and special purpose equipment such as, night observation devices and portable intrusion detection equipment. Participates in training, exercises, and evaluations to increase proficiency and update skills.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This is an Indefinate Excepted Service position:
Must be a military member of the Ohio Air National Guard.
Minimum Military Grade: A1C/ E-3
Maximum Military Grade: MSgt/ E-7
Compatible Military Assignment: 3P0X1
Selection for this job will not lead to a military promotion
***If you are overgrade you may be required to take an Administrative Reduction in Military Rank in order to be appointed to this position.
*** It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS/AFSC listed as compatible to the position in order to apply.
General Experience :
Experience includes experience in administrative, clerical, technical, or military work that involved protecting property, equipment, data, or materials; or that involved making judgments based on the application of directions, rules, regulations, or laws.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
Specialized Experience : 9 months experience, education, or training In law enforcement administration:
1) Experience in basic law enforcement procedures and processes.
2) Experience reviewing law enforcement reports and maintaining records, files, forms.
3) Experience which has provided the applicant with skills in the use of firearms and other protective procedures and methods.
Substitution of Education for specialized experience - A maximum of 6 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in Police Science or a comparable degree program related to the work of the position.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION : NOTE: College Transcripts are required if you wish to use Education as a substitution for experience or if a degree is a requirement for the position. A copy of the transcript must be submitted with the Job Application. Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position.
THIS POSITION IS BEING ANNOUNCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH STARE MERIT PROMOTION PRODECURES AND COLLECTIVE BARGANNING AGREEMENT. WEARING OF THE APPROPRIATE ARMY/AIR UNIFORM IS REQUIRED WHILE EMPLOYED IN THIS POSITION. PERMANENT CHANGE OF DUTY STATION (PCS) FUNDING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
DUE TO MANNING RESTRICTIONS, THIS POSITION WILL BE FILLED WHEN MANNING AND FUNDING BECOME AVAILABLE.
IF YOU ARE AN AGR, YOU MUST VACATE YOUR AGR POSITION TO ACCEPT THIS JOB.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your qualifications rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and may result in you not being considered for appointment to this position.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For addtional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For addtional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. Do not send applications to the mailing address or email address on this announcement. Apply only online or via the fax number provided in the section entitled "How to Apply."
2. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility, you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...