At General Motors, we’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re recruiting more talent from the nation’s top universities and Fortune 100 companies, and increasing the time we spend on developing—and delivering—solutions for our business partners.
In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to usher in a new era of automotive innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
About the Purchasing Buyer role:
General Motors currently has multiple Purchasing Buyer opportunities for experienced as well as entry level candidates. The Buyer is responsible for leading and coordinating the relationship between the project team, vehicle line team, and the supplier throughout the vehicle development process. In this role, the Buyer will manage the supplier relationship and ensure the achievement of cost and performance targets, as well as timing commitments.
In addition, the Purchasing Buyer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the System Management Team during request for quotation and sourcing activity
- Organizing supplier kick-off and monthly reviews
- Driving for 100% sourcing on time on new parts
- Negotiation and resolution of open issues
- Manage supplier readiness
- Drive continuous improvement of component savings opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related degree/experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to interact Globally, independently and self-directed
823 Joslyn Avenue, Pontiac, MI 48340
Why General Motors?
GM is a place where you have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through collaborating with team members worldwide. And, your career can take you to work on different brands, in different lands, on different global teams.
At GM, we’re moving forward, and we’re taking you with us.
Primary Location: US-MI-Pontiac
Posting Date : Feb 14, 2013, 2:56:53 PM - Ongoing
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...