Description/Job Summary Apprentice (HVAC)
Sr HVAC Service Tech & Service Manager
Through classroom and on-the-job training (OJT), learns and applies fundamentals of plumbing or HVAC trade in construction.
- 0-1 years of prior experience as a laborer, skilled laborer, helper, or in another related trade.
- Completion of 9th grade (high school diploma or GED strongly preferred).
- Satisfactory background check and initial/random drug tests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends apprentice classes in trade and maintains OJT logs
- Dependable and reliable.
- Works well with team, including other trades.
- Inquisitive: wants to learn; asks questions.
- Communicates effectively in English.
- Able to lift up to 75#.
Works under immediate supervision of journeyman-level tradesperson, leadman or foreman to assemble/complete work.
- Learns appropriate code (HVAC)
- Learns how to read blue prints, and uses to install HVAC.
- Assemble work laid out by the supervisor.
- Learns how to cut and thread up to 2" pipe; sweat and solder pipe; tack-weld steel pipe; cut steel pipe with torch.
- Learns fitting techniques.
- Learns about specifications.
- Learns the mechanics and principles of plumbing
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Perform arithmetic calculations (add/subtract/multiply/divide, including fractions and decimals)
- Any other duties requested by Supervisor.
An Apprentice is accountable for the assigned duties above.